- 3 cup Julienne onion
- 6 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leg of lamb
- 2 tablespoon spices of ground Kabsa: cumin, black pepper, cardamom
- 6 tomato cut into wedges
- 3 cup tomato juice
- 2 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup whole Kabsa spices: cardamom, dry whole lemon, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves
- 6 cup chicken stock
- 4 cup basmati rice soaked in water
- ½ cup whole blanched almonds sauteed in oil
- ¼ cup raisins
- 4 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Heat oil in large pan over medium heat.
- Add ¼ amount of julienne onion; saute until dark brown in color; remove from heat and set aside.
- Coat the leg of lamb with the ground Kabsa spice mixture; Sear the lamb on all sides using the same pan in which the onion was sauteed. Add the remaining onion, with tomato wedges, tomato juice and season to taste with salt and pepper, and mix with a spoon until combined.
- Add the whole Kabsa spices, making sure to pierce the whole dry lemon so that the flavor will be released during cooking. Add the chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Drain the Basmati rice, and add to the pan. (The amount of rice used is the same as the stock used.) Return to boil, reduce the heat to simmer, cover and let it cook.
- When serving, garnish with the remaining sauteed onion and other items as desired.